Thursday, May 08, 2008





Last week Laura and I went into Boston and took a day long workshop on digital photographing. Laura has had a lot of experience playing with her camera, but it was my first experience with the Cannon Rebel and I did not have any idea what a F stop was, or ISO of 100, or 400 or even what an aperture was. The entire morning was spent on the how to's and wht to do and not to do. We broke for lunch and Laura and I headed out to the cobblestone streets of Boston to find a place to have lunch. We ate at a neat little place not far from the Wang center and spent the time before the meal, playing with our camera.


We were anticipating the afternoon session. After lunch we had a live model shoot. It really was a lot of fun. We had several models that were in different costumes and outfits. They had all the lighting set up like in a professional studio and we had about an hour to shoot as many pictures as we could. After the shoot they critiqued some of the photos. This was followed by a well known author giving us a slide presentation of his works and studies in black and white.


I took well over 300 photos, but I have included a few so you can see the types of things we did. It really was a neat day, and pretty awesome that I got to do something I had never tried and also that I got to share something fun with Laura.


These are a couple of the shots that I took.



































No comments: